Sunningdale


Churches

The church of Holy Trinity was consecrated in 1840 and in 1841 Sunningdale became a parish, formed from parts of the parishes of Old Windsor, Sunninghill and Chobham, Egham and Windlesham.

Across the street from the church a Baptist Chapel dating from 1828 is still in use today.

Baptist_Chapel_Jan2010_copy

A Congregational Church dating from 1865 was turned into housing in the 1970s, and a Methodist Chapel and the small churches of St Agnes and St Alban  have also made way for housing.

There is a local cemetery at Kiln Lane, Sunningdale.

Church Records

Holy Trinity

  • Baptisms 1841 to 1950
  • Marriages 1849 to 1981
  • Burials 1840 to 1938
  • Banns 1874 to 1987

The society's Berkshire Burial Index contains about 1,500 entries from 1842 to 1938.

Baptist Church

  • Adult baptisms 1884 to 1963
  • Burials 1843 to 1978
  • Membership records

Berkshire Record Office holds records for Holy Trinity and those from the Baptist Church.

Additional information