Maidenhead St Luke's


  • This church was consecrated in 1866, the parish created from part of Cookham parish and covering that portion of Maidenhead to the north of the main Bath Road. Additions were made in following years, notably in 1894 with the spire.
  • The parish extended to Furze Platt in the north, covered all of Maidenhead north of the Bath Road (A4)  as far north as Furze Platt and to Punt Hill in the west, while the River Thames  formed the eastern boundary.
  • In 1991 an arson attack gutted the vestry and many 20th century registers were severely damaged. The earlier records are available at Berkshire Record Office.
  • The society's Berkshire Burial Index contains entries from St Luke's from 1866 to 1890.
More information can be found on the church website

Additional information