Wallingford St Leonard

St Leonards is the oldest church in Wallingford and has  Anglo-Saxon work in the walls. It was partially rebuilt after Cromwell’s model army used it as a billet after the Civil war. Today it is in a quiet backwater of the town. It can be found in St Leonards Lane at OS grid ref SU608891

Parish Registers

The parish registers have been deposited at the Berkshire Record Office, transcripts published by the Oxfordshire Family History Society and available from the society bookshop. Burials between 1671-1975 (with some gaps) are included in the Berkshire Burial Index available on CD. The International Genealogical Index does not include records for St Leonard (nor St Mary or St Peter).

Memorial Inscriptions

A transcript of the monumental inscriptions to 1930 may be found at Reading Reference Library and have also been published by the Oxfordshire Family History Society and available from the society bookshop.

Additional information