Renewing your membership

Gift Aid declarations

Gift Aid adds to the value to the society of your past, present and future membership payments and donations — at no added cost to you.

All members who pay UK Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax are encouraged to make a Gift Aid declaration.

So, are you eligible?

YES if you expect to pay an amount of UK Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax for each tax year (6 April to 5 April) that is at least equal to the total amount of tax that charities and community amateur sports clubs (CASCs) to which you donate will reclaim on your gifts for that tax year.

Should you pay less UK Income Tax/Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid reclaimed on all of your donations in that tax year, it becomes your responsibility to pay any difference.

Berkshire Family History Society can reclaim 25p of tax on every £1 that you gave in the last four years, and on your present and future membership payments and donations.

If you are a Higher Rate taxpayer, you can reclaim from HMRC the difference between basic rate and higher rate tax on the gross value of gift-aided payments and donations made to the society. Include all of your Gift Aid donations on your Self-Assessment tax return, or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code.

Remember, Gift Aid declarations cover past, present and future membership payments and donations — ALL potentially qualify!

Make your Gift Aid declaration now

Download your Gift Aid declaration form

Return your completed form to the Membership Secretary




page reviewed and revised  2nd August 2018

Additional information