Cookies are small amounts of text that web sites, like this one, ask your web browser to store for a time, so that the web site can provide the right information in the right format for you. The web site ico.org.uk/for_the_public/topic_specific_guides/online/cookies will direct you to more information about other uses of cookies.
You may also want to know how we treat your privacy.
Cookies are used in the provision of this service, but only to hold details of your current search data and a unique session identifier. None of these cookies contain personal or card information.
Several cookies retain information for a few days to over a year. These are used to:
- record the size of the type or other layout information for a year
- save that you have logged in to the member's area only if you ask to be remembered
- indicate that you've opted to accepted these cookies for ninety days
The other ‘session’ cookies store information strictly necessary during your browser session and are intended to be destroyed when you close your web browser (some browsers, like Firefox, have the capability to restore your previous session, so these cookies are not destroyed immediately):
- information about your visit to the berksfhs.org.uk web site
- information needed about your visit to the separate library sub-site
- virtuemart – strictly needed for items in your shopping cart
Revised by Chad Hanna 08 April 2013